Ready for Your Doctor's Visit?
You can have a more successful visit if you prepare for your appointment by gathering the following:
- Names and contact information for each of your doctors
- Your insurance information
- Your health history, including allergies, surgeries, tests, screenings, and immunizations
- A list of any medicines, vitamins, or supplements you take
- Your family's health history
- A copy of your medical record (if you're seeing a new doctor)
- A list of questions or concerns
Don't be shy about bringing up a health concern. A recent study showed that talkative patients (those who gave out more information and asked more questions) got better results from their physicians than less talkative patients. Good communication means your doctor has enough information to offer you the best treatments for your unique situation.
To aid in your communication, Hill Physicians offers the online service RelayHealth. If your doctor subscribes to RelayHealth, you can talk by email, request refills on prescriptions, schedule appointments, and view lab results.
More ways to be a prepared patient: