Tips for a Stress-Free Holiday Season
'Tis the season to be...stressed? Hill Physicians says stay jolly by getting organized. Take a little time to put your holiday tasks in order and include scheduling time for yourself and your health. Here are some helpful tips to help you this holiday season:
Make like Santa and make a list! Get a notebook and folder so each time you think of something you jot it down. Save recipes, coupons, and ideas from magazines in your folder. Keeping everything in one place - map out the main components of the holidays:
Avoiding procrastination will save you from having to remember something and facing the last minute rushes. Here's how:
- Respond immediately to invites and mark everyone's calendar
- Wrap and label gifts as you go
- Learn more about Toy and Gift Safety
- Look for "make ahead" recipes for parties, potlucks and baking
Use Your Elves!
Family, friends and services can help with tasks that don't require your personal attention.
- Trade off childcare during off school days with family and friends
- Get the kids to sign and send holiday cards
- Take advantage of post office pick-ups and free shipping
- Consider pre-made holiday trays and catering services for gatherings
Take Care of Yourself
With all the running around you might get run down.
Meditate for five minutes a day, take a walk outside, schedule a massage or take a yoga class. And remember to call your doctor with any health issues and keep
Urgent Care Center information close at hand along with other emergency precautions. For your health:
- Wash hands frequently
- Get plenty of daylight and time outdoors
- Make time for yourself
- Understand Holiday Depression
Have an Attitude of Gratitude
It's easy to forget "the reason for the season" when holiday traffic, shopping and stress get in the way. Here are some ways to keep things in perspective:
Looking for more ways to stay well during the holidays? Browse through our Healthy Living section...
Follow us on social media for topical health and wellness information and the latest research from our partners in health around the web.