Now you can get trusted care in the convenience of your home with Video Visits and E-Visits. It’s secure, easy to use and convenient. Many of our providers offer Video Visits and/or E-Visits. Find out if your doctor offers these convenient ways to access care by contacting their office. Or find a doctor who offers these services on our Physician Directory.
Video Visits let you get care for common, non-urgent conditions from the convenience of home, work or anywhere on the go. They are secure and private, and you can access them using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
What can I use Video Visits for?
Video Visits are for common, non-urgent conditions such as:
- Hay fever/allergies
- Burns (minor)
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Cold, sinus infection or sore throat
- Influenza (the flu)
- Female bladder infection (UTI)
- Vaginal yeast infection
Video Visits can also be used for:
- Chronic disease management
- Follow-up visits
- Lifestyle coaching
- Medication management
- New parenting questions
- Sharing and discussing test results
- Annual Health Assessments for Medicare Advantage enrollees
Helpful Tips for Your Video Visit
When you schedule your Video Visit, be sure to ask your provider office how to prepare for your appointment. If your provider uses MyHillChart, here is a step-by-step guide to prepare for your visit. In general, the following tips will help you to prepare and get the most out of your Video Visit:
- Download any apps, or setup your account before the day of your appointment.
- Be sure your device has a webcam and you know how to enable your camera and microphone.
- If you are hard of hearing, use headphones or ear buds to amplify sound.
- Find a well-lit, private area.
- Hold the camera steady as you can so your care provider can view you clearly.
An E-Visit is an online questionnaire on a secure patient portal that allows your provider to diagnose and treat certain non-urgent illnesses. You answer some questions about your symptoms and can attach photos. Then, your provider reviews your information and sends back a written care plan. If necessary, prescriptions are sent electronically to your preferred pharmacy.
MyHillChart Patient Portal
Some providers may offer Video Visits and/or E-Visits through MyHillChart. If your provider’s practice has MyHillChart, and you have not activated your MyHillChart account, you will need an activation code, which you can get in one of four ways:
- Find one on your after-visit summary.
- Request one at your next appointment.
- Online using self-signup
- Call your doctor's office.
Once you have your activation code, go to MyHillChart.com or download the MyChart app on Google Play or the App Store (select MyHillChart when prompted).
Follow the instructions to complete your account activation.
If you have any issues activating your account, please call our support line at (888) 965-8588, available 24/7.